Thursday, August 19, 2010

Back on the field

August 14, 2010: Richmond-Burton football practice

Football is one of my favorite sports to shoot, I finished last season with the Richmond-Burton vs. Johnsburg playoff game so it was only fitting that my first football assignment of the year is in Richmond.

The practice started at 7am so it was not too hot but, the mosquitoes were out in full force. With a little bug spray assist from the team I was good to go. Most practice shots are pretty basic; guys running, throwing and standing around so I am always looking for something fun or different.

Here are three I liked from the practice.

-Richmond-Burton H.S. head football coach Patrick Elder is surrounded by his team as he takes a passing challenge at the end of practice.
-Wide receiver C.J. Daniel makes a catch during practice.
-Lineman Zachary Boettjer waters some corn during a break.

-john

All photos © 2010 John Konstantaras / Northwest Herald