Monday, October 12, 2009

Shooting a little Thunder in Chicago


October 3, 2009: North Park University vs. Wheaton College

I covered the North Park Vikings homecoming game against the Wheaton Thunder in Chicago Saturday to help out a good friend, Steve Woltmann, and it was a real treat to be able to shoot football at an ASA below 1250.

There was a chance of rain in Saturday's forecast but it was so nice as I walked up to the field I left my umbrella in the car and hoped for the best. I made it to about the middle of the second quarter when the rain drops started to fall so I did a quick gaffer tape garbage bag wrap on my cameras and finished the quarter.

At halftime I darted to my car and grabbed my rain gear only to have the rain stop just as I got back to the field. Sometimes just having your rain gear close by holds the weather back.

I was looking for a little of everything on Saturday; pregame, cheerleaders, coaches, fans and action.

Here are three I liked from the game.

-North Park defender Calvin Gant breaks up a pass on the goal line intended for Wheaton receiver Charlie Antal in the second half.
-Viking's fans cheer on their team from the stands.
-Wheaton College's Dan Shear is upended by North Park's Calvin Gant after a complete pass.

-john

All photos © John Konstantaras 2009

No comments: