Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Home(coming) again


October 16, 2009; Hampshire pep rally

Some days you show up to an assignment and just kind of stand around and scratch your head trying to figure out where to start. I shot a homecoming Pep Rally for the Northwest Herald on Friday at Hampshire High School and that is how the day started.

I have shot enough of homecomings over the years to know I need to get football players, the King & Queen, and something offbeat and fun. The key is to find someone who knows what is going on. At this rally a few male teachers were going to be heading out to do a Pom routine, that's a start.

I worked the rally but nothing really great jumped out at me. Here are three from the rally.

-Senior football team members join in with the cheers
-King Ryan Burke (left) and queen Sam Anderson hug after they were introduced.
-Math teacher Dennis Wozniak fires up the students before their routine.

-john
All photos © John Konstantaras 2009


No comments: