Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Out of the Jungle


November 7, 2009; and into the United Center.

Busy, busy, busy. I have really been kicking myself to update my blog, but, I have been busy. I know, no excuse. So once again here is a little catch up on what has been going on in the last few months.

We returned home from Costa Rica on Friday November 6th and I was pretty happy to get to work right away on Saturday night covering a Bulls game for the newly created Chicago News Cooperative (CNC). The CNC is a new media service in Chicago comprised of a group of dedicated journalists on a mission to provide a new news source in Chicago.

Many of the staffers have been around the Chicago scene for some time and I consider myself lucky to be working with some old friends from my Chicago Tribune days.

The CNC provides content for the Friday and Sunday New York Times Chicago pages and all the stories are posted on the CNC website . In a time of shrinking jobs in the news industry this is a really great thing.

With the rolls reversed I now find myself working with former Trib staff photographer José Moré who is the picture editor and main photojournalist for the CNC. I spoke with José a few times before leaving on my trip and we kept in touch on e-mail.

So, out of the jungle and into the UC for the Bulls vs. Bobcats game. I was there to shoot some photos for a sports feature that has not run yet. I have not covered a Bulls game in over a year and it was great to be back on the court again.

Here are three photos from the game that did not go with the story we are working on.

-Joakim Noah chases down a loose ball in the first half
-Benny the Bull has some fun with referee Violet Palmer during a break in the action.
-Luol Deng is all smiles as time winds down in the Bulls 93-90 win.

-john

All photos © John Konstantaras 2009

No comments: