Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First & last

September 5, 2009: A trip to Kiddieland

Riverview, Old Chicago, Santa's Village and now Kiddieland. I wish I could remember Riverview but the other three amusement parks hold special place in my childhood memories.

On Saturday we took our granddaughter Guin to Melrose Park for her first visit to Kiddieland as the park prepares to close in a few weeks after 81 years of operation. If we lived a little closer I would spend more time documenting the final weeks of the park.

As I made a few photos of our visit I tried not let myself get pulled to far away from enjoying the experience of taking my granddaughter to the park. There were tons of great moments on Saturday, here are three from our visit.

-Children three and under are still free so for forty bucks we were in.
-Located right across the street from Maywood Park there were a lot of cameras trying to capture those last memories in the park.
-As the sun goes down the park lights up. Riders enjoy a spin on the Tilt-A-Whirl.

-john

All photos © John Konstantaras 2009

No comments: