Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Best of the rest


June 18 & 21, 2008: a few more holders

Here are a few more frames I liked from the Cincinnati trip.

On Thursday night, from our room on the 13th floor of the Millennium Hotel, I noticed the top of the PNC Tower building was lit up. (Meaningless aside: Have you ever noticed most hotels skip the 13th floor? Not here.)

I figured the skyline view might make a nice frame at sunrise so the next morning after my 5:30am wakeup call, I stumbled around, put a lens on and a card in one of my cameras, knocked off this frame and grabbed another 15 minutes of sleep before kicking off the day. When I am in a shooting mode I always look for something different in my hotel rooms. Done.

Jumping back a few days on Wednesday we were having dinner at Cadillac Ranch when someone noticed a Congo African Grey Parrot perched on the handlebars of a Harley parked in front of the restaurant. I talked to the owner who was sitting outside the restaurant enjoying a beer. He said the bird loves to ride on his bike. He can open it up to 70 MHP and she just grips the handlebars a little tighter. The bird has a 400-500 word vocabulary, everything from "polly want a cracker" to a few phrases that might make a hooker blush. He also said the bird is a great chick magnet.

Finally I have to sneak in a beer photo, Tom enjoying a cold one in the Millennium Hotel bar Friday night.

Cheers!

-jk

No comments: