Friday, June 13, 2008

I hate Friday traffic


June 13, 2008: don't try this at home.

A twofer today, driving is the theme of the day.

A 2005 US Census study said the average American spends more than 100 hours a week commuting to work. I am sure that number has gone up in the past three years. For me it is way up.

I estimate my annual commute time is over 700 hours. That is just over 29 days. Almost a whole month. In my car. Driving to work. Yikes! With gas prices I have considered taking the train but that adds another 2 hours a day, fergitaboudit.

The worst day by far is Friday rush hour and if the weather turns bad or they are working on the roads well, let's not go there.

Here are a quick three from the drive downtown today. I do not make a habit of shooting and driving and it is more like shooting a hail marry. I do not recommend you try this at home.

Today's commute was really not too bad for a Friday. About two and a half hours. Thank God tomorrow is Saturday.

-jk

No comments: