Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Take me out


June 16, 2008: a beautiful day for a ballgame.

We were in Cincinnati last week for the USTA National tournament. After the first day of tumbling competition we got discounted tickets to the Great American Ballpark to see the Reds Dodgers game. I went with the cheap seats, $7, because it was more about checking the park out and having a few drinks than watching the game.

If it were the White Sox or Cubs playing I probably would have kept a scorecard but we just kicked back and enjoyed the night. Armed with my 17-55 I made a few frames between the beers.

I thought the clouds and the stadium lights looked cool as the light got low in the sky.

The batters box caught a shaft of light as Jolbert Cabrera grounded out to third for the third out in the third inning (it's a triptych thing.)

Finally, I like my angle on Sam and Kiylee posing for the roving ballpark photographer better than the straight on shot from down the aisle.

Oh yeah for those keeping score the Reds lost 3-1 and got swept in the series. The ballpark was great, the beer was good but the dogs do not compare to a Chicago Vienna.

-jk

No comments: