Friday, June 6, 2008

Stormy weather


June 6, 2008: storm clouds roll through southeastern Wisconsin.


I was driving back from Lake Geneva Friday morning when the weather turned on me. The radio was reporting tornado warnings in southeastern Wisconsin and before I knew it the winds picked up and it was raining like there was no tomorrow.

So what did I do? Of course I pulled over and waited for the rain to stop, so I could get the rest of my gear out of the trunk. I drove up the road a bit further and pulled off on Route 120 near Highway B to watch the storm. The front was moving northeast but overhead the clouds were dark and I was never really sure what they were going to do. A few times the clouds reached for the ground but the pulled back up as the storm rolled by.

Though part of me thinks it would be cool to photograph a tornado, I am glad the storm did not reach that level.

-jk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is part of the midwest i really miss.