Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Painting with light


June 8, 2008: colors of the night.

This was a pretty slow weekend for photos. I had my camera with me all weekend but really could not get motivated to shoot. We were out in Bartlett on Sunday visiting Rick and Sue and there were plenty of things I should have worked but my long days have been catching up with me and I just wanted caffeine.

With a few clouds in the sky it was a beautiful night. We were hanging out in the driveway when I noticed a little lightening in the north, I knocked off a few frames of the clouds because they looked so peaceful. It was not long before that changed.

About halfway home the lightening started picking up. It was pretty cloudy not too many bolts were visible just flashes behind the clouds. From the passenger seat, I thought I would try to catch a bolt so I stopped down and set the camera on bulb. I captured a few weak photos of flashes behind the clouds but no bolts.

The long exposures did make for some fun images. A few foul balls but here they are, I call it art.

-jk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice, dude. together it works perfectly.